A favorite of natural and sustainable interiors, the seagrass carpet has good reasons to attract fans of atypical textures and ecological materials. We tell you everything about this braided look flooring from a mysterious aquatic plant of Asian origin.
1. Seagrass rugs: the charm of natural fiber
2. Choosing a rush of seagrass: the different criteria
3. The seagrass carpet: for which room?
4. Decorate your interior with a rush of seagrass
5. What about the maintenance of the seagrass carpet
A rush rug: the charm of natural fiber
The rush belongs to the family of natural fiber floor coverings. From a marshy plant native to the floodplain estuaries of Asia, its fibers are dried and braided in a traditional way before taking place in our interiors in the form of carpet or carpet.Pleasant to the eye with its natural hues and braided look, the seagrass carpet offers a choice alternative to traditional rugs. Resistant to wear and aesthetics, the seagrass has no equal to dress the interior with the natural elegance that is his. And that’s also why we love it.
Choosing a rush of seagrass: the criteria
– The color of the rush of seagrass : as it is a natural waterproof fiber, the rush can not to be dyed. The color of your seagrass carpet is that of the original plant at the time of its harvest. This can vary from beige to ocher, passing through the nuances of honey that sometimes vary with time.
– The look of weaving : rugs seagrass have three kinds of weaving: checkerboard, herringbone or twist … To choose according to the effect you want to give your decor.
– The size and dimensions : rectangular, round, square, XS or XXL: the size and dimensions of your rush carpets are adapted to the room. Note that the seagrass is also used as a full-fledged floor covering, like natural fiber carpet.
– The quality of the backside : the back of the decor as the back of the carpet can hide the use of synthetic materials. If you choose a seagrass carpet for its ecological properties, make sure that the underlayment is made of natural latex.
– The quality of the weaving : the closer the weave is, the more comfortable the seagrass carpet is to the touch. If you like to walk barefoot, be sure to choose a seagrass carpet with a fine, tight weave.
The seagrass carpet: for which room?
If it is adopted naturally in the living room and the living rooms, the seagrass carpet is also suitable for other rooms of the house as the veranda , bedroom, hallway or office.But that’s not all … In addition to being aesthetic, natural and ecological, the seagrass carpet also has the advantage of integrating into damp rooms such as bathrooms and kitchens. But beware, the seagrass is black and / or moldy. This is why it should be avoided in unventilated and unventilated rooms like bathrooms without VMC. Finally, note that the seagrass carpet tends to lose its shine when placed in rooms too dry and / or directly exposed to the sun.
The seagrass carpet: for what decoration?
Its organic, braided and artisanal look makes seagrass rugs allies in many styles of decoration. In order to create a natural atmosphere, sea rush carpets are often combined with other natural materials such as wood, rattan or wicker. The seagrass also reveals very well the seaside atmospheres from which it comes. Its natural presence enhances perfectly the interiors with Provencal or country chic or rustic look. Its artisan and authentic touches are finally seagrass revealing minimalist styles, bohemian, vintage, contemporary or Boho … Just that!
What about the maintenance of the seagrass carpet
Choosing the right seagrass carpet also means thinking about its maintenance …
Vacuuming : essential for removing dust and impurities, vacuuming should be done regularly.
Moistening the carpet with seagrass : the seagrass is a living material that needs water … but without excess.Never clean your carpet with water … A blow of spray or rag soaked with clear water once a month is enough to restore luster, vigor and elasticity to your carpet in seagrass.
Aerate the rush of seagrass : to avoid the proliferation of mold, your rush of seagrass must be ventilated as often as possible.